Thursday, March 29, 2012

Trains from Vilnius, and trains to Kiev

Hi.





In august I%26#39;ll be travelling by train from Vilnius to Minsk, and then from Minsk to Kiev.



Does anybody know how much I can expect to pay for each journey, for the different classes of accommodation?



And do tickets need to be bought in advance?



Many thanks.





KJ




|||



Minsk - Kiev is 24 US$(share a compartment with three more people)



anything more comfortable will be 40-50 US$per ticket





and book them in advance or ask someone to buy them because August is vacation time - crowds head south to the Crimea




|||



That%26#39;s really useful - thanks a lot for that.





KJ




|||



saying in advance i mean 2-3 weeks in advance



otherwise you%26#39;ll get a ticket to the last compartment which is near the toilet )))





Vilnius - Minsk direction is not very busy




|||



Thanks for the advice; we%26#39;re using a travel agent to sort out our visas, so we%26#39;ll see if they can book our tickets to Kiev too.



You%26#39;ve been really helpful :-)





KJ




|||



The travel agency in London that I%26#39;m using to sort out my visa has quoted me £57 for a 1st class ticket on the night train to Kiev. That strikes me as rather expensive. Since I%26#39;ve been advised to book in advance (because I%26#39;m travelling in August), I%26#39;m not keen to wait until I get to Minsk to make my reservation.



Does anybody have any advice? Can anybody recommend another reliable travel agency, preferably in Belarus? If business recommendations aren%26#39;t allowed on the forum, please send me a private message.



Many thanks.





KJ




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, September 26, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment