Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Russian visa needed to Minsk via DME?

I recently got a good price to Moscow DME airport. I%26#39;ve been to Moscow before though so looking to go somewhere new. There are flights available from DME to Minsk, but I would have to buy this ticket separately. Would I need a Russian transit visa to go to Minsk? I%26#39;ve read conflicting info on this (though possibly that was going via SVO, which would require a transit visa).






|||



Providing you don%26#39;t change airports and have an invitation from a Belarusian tour company/ or a ready tourist visa in your passport - no problems should arise from not having a Russian visa.





Via Vilnius and then by train would not be cheaper?




|||



Hauteboy, How are you...I hold an American Passport. I plan on visiting Ukraine and them will fly to Minsk...Do I need a Belarus Visa.



Do you or anyone knows ?. Do you have any opinion on renting an apartment or staying in a Hotel.



I understand that the Hotels are most of all bad.



What%26#39;s your opinion ?.



Thanks,



Dontilla,




|||



hauteboy, Hi and how are you. Good information you have provided. I hold an American Passport. Do I need a Visa to travel to Minsk ?. I plan on Visiting Ukraine and then flying to Minsk. give me any advice you have. My first trip there.



Also, what is your opinion on staying in a Hotel or an Apartment ?. I heard that the Hotels in Minsk are very bad and expensive for your money.



What is your opinion ?.




|||



Citizens of very few countries can visit Belarus without visa and US is not one of them.





You do need a (tourist) visa and should you opt to get it on arrival the consular fee would be USD 180 + travel services + hotel fees.





Normally tourist visa is issued when you stay at a hotel, and it is easier for registration purposes.





There are more than 15 hotels to choose from in Minsk and drawbacks as well as advantages can be found in any of them.




|||



try hotel Victoria.



resonable price for reasonable quality





lots of people coming in Minsk on business stay there




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, October 21, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment