Friday, March 23, 2012

Best route to Hrodno

Hi,





I%26#39;m planning on visiting friends in Hrodno over the next few months. Can anyone recommend the quickest and easiest route to take.





My options are the following:





(1)Fly to Minsk, then find either a bus or train to take me to Hrodno??





(2) or Take a train or bus from Warsaw direct to Hrodno. This would seem to be the easiest route?





Can anyone advise me on this? or has any other suggestions?





Regards,Alex




|||



A lot of your countrymen prefer to land in Vilnius and then proceed by train to Minsk. Grodno is much closer to Lithuania than Minsk, so this might be a good option.




|||



Many thanks for you suggestion of landing in Vilnius. I will have a look at the train option of travelling to Hrodno from Vilnius. This will be a new experience for me.



Thank you!




|||



just spent a weekend there



a very nice city





there are plenty of buses from Minsk(3,5 - 4,5 hrs) and a couple of trains (6-7 hrs)





Both variants cost 8-12$.





A small restaurant Karczma(Карчма)in the city center is a must go place. Food and drinks are very nice there





Cheers





ps:



my piece of advice: fly to Minsk and take a bus




|||





Many thanks for the above recommendations. The bus journey from Minsk is a bit long. Does anyone know a web link for buses from Vilnius to Grodno? and from Grodno back to Vilnius?





I want to check all options properly for suitable times etc.




|||



Will check with my Lithuanian colleague and get back soon. The site will for sure be Lithuanian, because in our land there is only a short inquiry number that can be dialled - surprisingly - only from Grodno itself. So it was on Christmas when I wanted to check a getaway option for my Briton. (He departed all right))




|||



Here are some links:





http://www.litrail.lt/ - doesn%26#39;t seem to work)





http://www.ecolines.net/ - doesn%26#39;t even list Minsk





http://www.autobusustotis.lt/en - looks like working - plenty buses to Minsk, nothing to Grodno.





Finally it is either cost-cutting (if it is) Vilnius - Minsk (budget overnight and sightseeing) - Grodno; or Minsk-Grodno.





Tell us of the outcome. If any.




|||



Thank you for the web links, I%26#39;ve had a quick look on the web sites and it looks as though it may be easier just to fly to Minsk, then catch a bus to Grodno. I%26#39;ve been to Minsk a few times and I have always enjoyed my time there. But this time I would like to explore a bit more of the country.





Would you recommend hiring a car in Minsk, or would it be safer on the bus?





Time is a factor which is why I was looking for a more direct route to Grodno. I%26#39;ll keep looking for other options.




|||



Shuttle buses (legitimate ones) are pretty frequent. Some US 20 and you are there. Much better than a car.




|||



Thank you, can you point me in the direction where I can get these shuttle buses.





What is the name of the street they leave from?





Where, or who do I buy the bus tickets from?




|||



It%26#39;s Vostochny Vokzal(Vostochny Bus Station) situated at 34, Vaneeva str.

No comments:

Post a Comment