Friday, March 23, 2012

Should I visit Minsk???

Hello,





A friend and I are both spending some time in Krakow this July. We would like to visit somewhere else in the region, and are not much into tourist attractions. Is Minsk a good option? We are both in are early 30%26#39;s, single men, and like to have a good time, while also taking in a few sights.



We are considering Minsk, Kiev, or just staying in Poland. Any recommendations or advice would be great?



Also, what is the best way to travel from Krakow to Minsk? Is the train a good option? Airlines?



Thanks in advance for any help?




|||



Kiev would be a more exciting experience.



When you get tired of Kiev welcome here in Minsk.





Train is the best option I think. Make sure your visas are ok.




|||



A couple of days in Minsk with walks and tours and sights might prove to be a good introduction to the successive Kiev%26#39;s red torch nights.





Note that you need a visa to get here, while for Kiev you don%26#39;t - providing you are EU citizens.




|||



Neither US, Canada, Japan, Norway %26amp; Switzerland citizens (additionally to all EU countries) do not need visa to Ukraine.




|||



Yes!! It would be a good idea, I was in Minsk 2 weeks ago and enjoyed it very much, I have also been to Kiev, and they are contrasting cities and experiences, quicker to fly and take heed of Felix regarding the visas!!



But, what exactly are you looking for????? I found the city %26quot;underdeveloped%26quot; for tourism, but still interesting to discover on your own! Night life?? as good as many large cities, decent restaurants and clubs!! Women??? lots of nice %26quot;approachable%26quot; women here (I had my own) but all in all, it will be worth it!




|||



oh, yeah, finding an approach... that%26#39;s what the hords of tourists are loking for here...



I have had pretty much of Middle East experience and would be rather surprised those gentlemen were going to follow your piece of advice...




|||



unless of course they are chinese or pakistani employment visa bearers)))




|||



bir 2007!! I have not got a clue what you are trying to say here? Did you think that I was proposing some form of sex tourism here??? I assure you I wasnt, many western people are based in Saudi by the way! Bry and his friends are young single men! so why would they not be interested in meeting %26quot;genuine%26quot; ladies in Minsk? any more than they would in Kiev, London or Barcelona??




|||



I%26#39;m not a puritan, god forbid. I just remind of seeing things from a different(from inside) angle...




|||



Niam, I understand what you%26#39;re saying.



I am a westerner living in Saudi (U.S. citizen) and don%26#39;t consider what was mentioned as %26quot;sex tourism%26quot;.



BLR, what Niam was explaining is that the girls are friendly, when he said %26quot;approachable%26quot;, which is good. I come from a city in the U.S. (Pittsburgh) where the gitrls are not approachable, which sucks. I can%26#39;t even start a conversation with them because they think either we%26#39;re not good enough or we just want something, which isn%26#39;t true.



Anyway, locals considered approachable is a good, reassuring quality. People are hesitant to travel to a place where the locals are considered unapproachable (in other words, not friendly).





Bryon

No comments:

Post a Comment