Friday, March 23, 2012

Belarus visa from Moscow

Hope someone can help - I%26#39;m an American citizen and will be visiting Moscow with my Russian wife in June. I have a double entry Russian visa. We%26#39;d like to travel by train to Belarus where some of her relatives live.





My question: Will I be able to obtain my Belarus visa while in Moscow ?





My wife called the Belarus embassy in Moscow and they really were not much help.





Thanks.






|||



Yes sir, you definitely will.





Although I am unaware of all the details like how fast and so on - the distinctive feature of our overseas embassies is that they can issue a visa to foreign guests not in their country of origin (unlike Russian Embassies).





So you get the invitation, enclose your passport and visa application and walk to the Embassy of Belarus in Moscow and have it made. Will you be in Kiev or Vilnius en-route? They process it really fast.





By the way - why not mail your passport to NY right now? I have a couple of US gentlemen going through the process right now and a few with visas already stamped...




|||



Thanks, Felix. Your post was quite helpful and gave me the info I needed. I%26#39;d send my passport in for a visa but I%26#39;m travelling now and I need it !




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, today

No comments:

Post a Comment