Friday, March 23, 2012

Flights Kaliningrad to Minsk

I recently bought a ticket for a flight Kaliningrad-Minsk.. now looking at flight schedules I no longer see that flight operating on that day (May 8th). Is the flight canceled or just sold out?





I was planning on getting visa at airport, if the flight is cancelled I%26#39;ll have to get a rush visa from the embassy or book another flight via Moscow or Riga really soon.






|||



I have just called our Airport Inquiry - the flight for friday 8 MAY seems all right with ETA 1805. The exact time will have to be checked one day prior to your arrival, but that you may need if someone meets you.




|||



... and just to make sure. You do have some company or private person taking care of your invitation at the airport, don%26#39;t you?




|||



Thanks for checking. I%26#39;d noticed on Belavia%26#39;s site (shows flight arrival/departure) that the same flight# was canceled last Friday. On booking sites I%26#39;m not seeing any Belavia flights Kaliningrad-Minsk from 5/8-5/12 inclusive. I wonder if it%26#39;s a thing with the holiday weekend?





I can buy another flight via Riga but it%26#39;s 2X the price.





I had contacted one company about the visa but they wanted 45EUR for the invitation + 10 EUR to meet at the airport. Seemed higher than some other places I%26#39;d seen online.





I%26#39;m wanting to stay at the Tourist Hotel (nr Partizansky metro)




|||



Yes, it is a nice hotel, especially its renovated rooms.





However its a bit far from center and Planeta Hotel could compete by location and price.





Well, I know a place wit visa support at USD 20 and airport meeting at USD 40. Airport transfer at USD 45.





The flight must be all right.




|||



Just got the notification that the Kaliningrad-Minsk flight on May 8th was cancelled... Belavia put me on the flight on May 7th, but my visa isn%26#39;t good until May 8th. The flights on AirBaltic via Riga are also now 2X the price they were before. Well at least my trip insurance (hopefully) covers that.




|||



Well, it is good you kept on checking. And it is even better you were insured against such stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment