Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Do you know where is Masherov avenue, 60?

I%26#39;m going to spend a month at the Minsk State Linguistic University and they%26#39;ve assigned me to dormitory #3 at the above address. Does anybody happen to know what cross-street that would be near? Prospekt Masherova is a very long street!





I%26#39;ll know when I get there, but am curious...





-Steve




|||



Firstly, Masherova Avenue is a former Varvasheni Street with a well-known hostel for linguistic students. It%26#39;s a shame but having graduated from this University 1 month ago I have no idea how many stops from Victory Square it takes to get there (but I know that you take bus 18). Perhaps 3 or 4.





It is crossed by Kropotkina Street near the hostel and M. Bogdanovicha Street is nearby.





Happy studies!




|||



Ah, you%26#39;ve clarified so much for me, Felix300. I have a map that is apparently wrong. It refers to the major prospekt running alongside the Sports Palace and the Planeta Hotel as Prospekt Masherova but I was confused when I searched for this street in Russian and found a bank%26#39;s page indicating the location of ATMs on what looked like Ulitsa Varvasheni.





I was hoping that by some miracle I%26#39;d end up living near the Palace of the Republic, but knew in my heart that this was highly unlikely at $20 per month.





I%26#39;ll send you a private message in hopes of learning more about life in the hostel. Thanks for sharing.





Best regards,



Steve




|||



woah, linguistic university,my former alma mater. u r lucky to live in this very hostel for some substantial repair works took place there a couple of years ago. u might even get in a room with renovated bathrooms...



this hostel is 3 tram stops off the uni. there are many chinese there(it neans there%26#39;s dsl internet) and it is closed by 11pm,so need to be home in time.



well,it%26#39;s a nice place.u%26#39;ll like it there.




|||



Oh, guys, we are going to convert this nice forum into MSLU graduates room (joking).





Steve, do not be misguided by all this stuff about the overhaul. This university has never given anything for free or with discounts against its interests.





A friend of mine from Switzerland who came to study Russian decided to cut his lodge spendings and landed into a double bedroom with a Turk in that hostel. Not that I am showing my attitude towards the latter nation - save Lord no - but the Turkish chap kept his things in a mess to say the least.





I hope you will have a choice.



Andrei




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, October 07, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment