Thursday, April 12, 2012

Who wants to go to Belarus?

I%26#39;m from Minsk and would like to answer all your questions




|||



Political questions aswell, or just tourist related?




|||



very interesting. What do you know about the political situation in Belarus? I suppose, nothing.



Please, for future, don%26#39;t ask silly questions.



I%26#39;m fed with it.



Ask what conciders tourism, ok?




|||





I dont think that political questions are silly. If anyone does have any political questions about Belarus, I will try to answer.





Probably %26quot;litcatbel%26quot; is a admirer of mr Lukashenko or this person is just afraid to talk about such things as politics (most probably).




|||



Officialy, litcabel will have to be a Lukashenka supporter. What she thinks in private, she had better not post on the internet!





Good for you, litcabel, for the offer. Minsk is a pretty city.





Can you advise if there are any charming and reliable boutique hotels in town?




|||



Howdy MOWID!, ...Are you from Houston and been to Gomel?? ...I leave next week for Gomel to meet a young lady and her family. Sometimes I wonder the risk in safety. Hope I return home in one piece! :-))





I read US and Belarus sort of have problems passing the olive branch but all in all these days it don%26#39;t seem much like there%26#39;s any 2 forms of government working well together, guess I%26#39;ll play it by ear when I git thar!








|||



Good afternoon to everybody,





I am a new member on this Forum, and I would like to express my readiness to answer the Belarus related questions.





Having been born in Belarus where I lived and worked until I was 28, I will be happy to answer your questions, too (both political and other). At the moment I, being an EU-citizen, work for one of the EU-institutions in Brussels where I deal with the EU relations with Belarus and Ukraine. So, as you see, my competence is both of an insider and observer.





Please, do not judge Mr/Ms. litcabel for not being too willing to talk politics. After 13 years of a rather non-flourishing political situation there, people are just tired to talk about it as it leads nowhere, according to many of them.





Best regards,





Alexandryna




|||



Hi,





I am located in the UK and today have just said goodbye to 2 children from Belarus (mogolov region) who have been with us for one month being brought to this country by an English Charity to help with their health problems. The charity only brings each child once but as we have formed a very close relationship with one child in particular we would welcome her in the future for a holiday and would be happy to pay the air fare as we know the parents could not afford to do so.





Can anyone tell me if it is possible for the child to be able to get a visa to come to the UK for a holiday if we provided a proper invitation? Is there any information we would neesd to get the parents to find out? We do ahve a russian speaking friend who has spoken wit hthe family on our behalf whilst their daughter was here and we know they would very much like her to return, the trouble is we dont know quite how to arrange it.





Many thanks for any assistance




|||



Dear Alphacenturi,





It is very nice of you to have received those children from Mahilow/Mogiliov region.





Yes, it is quite possible for those children to obtain visa provided the proper invitation is submitted. But since those rules are being changed constantly, I would advise you to contact the British Embassy in Minsk in order a) to establish a personal contact so that they know you and your good intentions; b) to get the latest information. The personnel in the embassy is very nice and friendly and they welcome such kind of quieries.





Some words of precaution:





This procedure of sending children abroad has been abused since the very beginning, and I was often a witness to how children of the local staff of European embassies and/or the children of high public officials are sent abroad instead of the sick kids who really would need to get away from their environment. That is why my friends from, for instance, UK, Belgium and Italy go themselves to the families of the children to see how they live and whether they REALLY need this help.





Fond regards,





Alexandryna




|||



Hi there,





thank you for the information. Just to let you know that the Charity that brings the children to my area do indeed go to Belarus to memet the families to make sure that the do indeed qualify to be included in their program.





I have since learnt that they will assist me in returning a child for a %26quot;private%26quot; visit by making application for visa etc but it is still good to know the procedure should |i wish to do so myself.





I am hoping that maybe |i will be able to go to Belarus next year myself to meet the families of the children I have hear from holidays.





Once again,



thank you for your message.





regards





Alphacenturi




|||



We are planning to stay in Vilnius this summer and take a day trip to Hrodno, as this is where some of my husband%26#39;s ancestors are from. We have promised our son that we would visit at least one town that reflects his roots.





Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to spend the day there?





I know we have to get a visa beforehand to enter the country.





thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment